Swanson's Auto Service has job opening(s) available for General Automotive Service Technicians! We are looking for honest, dedicated, customer-service oriented people to join our team at our clean, growing, 10 bay facility that has been in operation for over 30 years in Grandville, MI.
Technicians must be qualified to repair domestic & foreign vehicles (trucks up to 1 ton) with a heavy emphasis on drivability/electrical/computer repair. Technicians are responsible not only for the service we provide, but also Swanson's Auto Service's reputation as a trustworthy and dependable auto shop. Because of this, a successful technician will need to have experience in automotive repair, but also be a quick-learner who has the ability to receive instructions and follow our shop's procedures. Paying strong attention to detail and being dedicated to honesty and fairness is important.
Technicians are Responsible for:
- Performing general automotive maintenance and repair services across many makes and models of vehicles
- Completing all work orders correctly and accurately
- Maintaining accurate and organized notes and paperwork on all jobs
- Practicing safe work principles
- Shop housekeeping, i.e. keep work are clean, safe and organized
- Maintain positive customer relationships
Applicants are required to be:
- At least 18 years old
- Recipient of a high school diploma or GED
- Michigan State Certified in a minimum of 3 areas
- Able to diagnose/repair drivability issues
- Able to trace/repair wiring issues
- In possession of a valid driver's license with a good driving record
- Committed to keeping up-to-date on automotive knowledge
- Dependable, honest and organized
Applicants must possess:
- Basic computer/internet skills
- A complete set of basic tools
- An excellent attendance record
All applicants will be considered. Thank you for your interest.
Click here to submit your application for this position.